Following are the most common ways of acquiring Canadian citizenship :
- Birth in Canada
- Born Outside Canada to a Canadian Citizen
- Citizenship by Adoption
Note: Under current law, to qualify for citizenship through naturalization, candidates must have three years of qualifying permanent resident status during the preceding five years.
Applicants must also keep in mind to :
- Be permanent residents of Canada
- Meet the Citizenship Language Requirement (if between the ages of 18 and 54) & have adequate knowledge of English or French
- Meet the residency requirements
- Not be under a removal order
- Not have a criminal prohibition
- Pass the citizenship test
- Pay processing fees
Kindly contact us if you wish to receive more information on Canadian Citizenship.