Finding out which visa you are eligible for or which study course to opt for can be very confusing.
Our expert guidance will make things clear and tell you if you qualify.
When many people begin the immigration process, they may wonder why they should hire a lawyer/consultant and not just handle it themselves. Well, there are several advantages to hiring an immigration attorney to help you.
Immigration law can be unpredictable and unforgiving : It’s easy to make mistakes that cannot be easily corrected, and unfortunately some mistakes can be irreversible. For example, if an immigration officer or judge determines you are committing fraud or making false representations, you could be permanently barred from any immigration benefit in the future.
You could miss opportunities to improve your status, because a number of immigration programs are not commonly known : You could be eligible for a program or benefit that you’re not aware of. An experienced immigration lawyer will be familiar with all these programs. Your case is too important to entrust to amateurs. Immigration law affects the things that are most important to us such as our family, having work, and living in a safe place. An immigration case that succeeds or fails can affect the rest of your life and the lives of those you love. For this reason it’s essential to entrust your case to professionals who’ve developed an expertise in the field.
1. A good consultant would see you as a person, not as a pay check or a number : He/she will take the time to listen to you and thoroughly review the details of your case. Some of them may be experienced, but would hand off your case to a paralegal or associate without much experience. A good consultant will pay undivided attention to your file and provide you with all your options so as to help you achieve clarity.
2. Your consultant should be accessible, and you should feel comfortable working with them. You want to know that they truly care about your case. Since Immigration law is complex, they should act as your personal counsellor or a shadow to make things work for you.
3. Honestly and transparency is the best policy. Most of the consultants are not quite honest when it comes to any unpredictable glitch in your case. Immigration procedures are very complex for a layman and can prove to be unpredictable at times because of the changing laws and regulations. You know you’re at the right place when they spend their time to thoroughly evaluate your case and inform you of any unpleasant developments beforehand.
4. They first come across as professionals rather than a greedy agency which first believes in pay check first. Most of the companies have a structured process where they bill their client first with a good fee, even though there might not be a guarantee that your file may be accepted in the embassy. Any professional consultant would evaluate you first to check your eligibility whether your file is sound enough to apply and move ahead.
5. Lastly, consider how much they’re charging you. Most immigration lawyers will charge a flat fee rather than an hourly rate. So you know at the beginning what you will have to pay. Also, most immigration lawyers will accept payments as instalments rather than expecting all the money up front.
At the end of the day, in addition to building a strong file, your consultant is there to be a resource and an advisor for you. Hiring an immigration consultant can help you thoughtfully plan your next steps as you move through this process.
Do you want to immigrate and start a new beginning, but are debating whether you really need to hire an immigration consultant/lawyer? Technically, there is no legal requirement to hire an immigration lawyer to represent your case.
According to the Government of Canada: “You do not need to hire an immigration representative. It is up to you. Using one will not get your application special attention or guarantee it will be approved.”
However, you could be making a big mistake if you decide to go it alone. Below we’ve put together four reasons why you should hire an immigration lawyer:
There are often very complicated legal procedures involved when you immigrate, and especially if you’re not well-versed in immigration law, we highly recommend that you seek out a professional who will be there to help guide you through the process.
Otherwise, you could run the risk of having your application turned down, which could result in even greater difficulties later down the line.
When you hire an immigration lawyer, it is their responsibility to ensure all documentation is present, correct and handed in on time. It can be all too easy to overlook a necessary requirement on your application (jeopardizing your entire case!), but hiring a professional takes all the stress out of your hands.
Most reputable immigration law firms will offer an affordable rate without giving you any false promises. They will genuinely care about providing you with the best possible legal service at a fair price. Most importantly, they would see you as a person and not as a pay check or directly jump to numbers.
Although there are no guarantees that your application for a visa to live and work will be accepted, you’ll be giving yourself the very best chance of success by hiring a qualified and experienced immigration consultant.
We, at Across Oceans can vastly improve the chances that your case will succeed. We can make sure that your file is treated properly by the authorities and if it isn’t we will litigate if need be.
Our primary role is to be your representative for your case.